Despite recent volatility in the crypto markets, appetite for early stage crypto and blockchain startups is not slowing down in 2021.
The crypto savvy community, flush with cash after several large token launches and a (mostly) bullish crypto market over the past six months, are driving capital back into the market at earlier stages in hopes of generating even greater returns over the long term. And it’s no wonder why:
- According to CoinTelegraph’s recently published Blockchain Venture Capital Report, crypto private equity has outperformed traditional private equity across one, three and five-year horizons.
- According to a recent Bloomberg report, 129 crypto and blockchain startups received about $2.6 billion in funding in Q1 2021 — $300 million more than the total funding for such companies in the entirety of 2020.
On that note, we are incredibly excited to introduce the Spring 2021 batch of CoinList Seed projects.
DeFi continues to be the dominant category in this batch, with 4 of the 12 projects represented from within the category. Beyond DeFi, NFTs and data continue to have a presence while one of the more interesting trends is the emergence of startups building up the stack in newer ecosystems, specifically Arweave and Celo.
1. ImpactMarket – ImpactMarket is an open and decentralized anti-poverty infrastructure that enables any community to deploy mechanisms like Unconditional Basic Income for their beneficiaries, accounting for 26% of all USD transfers on the Celo Network.
- Learn more: https://www.impactmarket.com/
2. Coinburp – Coinburp is the “Coinbase for NFTs.” It is an NFT-first crypto wallet connecting the worlds of CeFi to DeFi.
- Learn more: https://www.coinburp.com/
3. Dropstab – DropsTab is a cryptocurrency market tracker for prices, capitalization, charts, portfolio, analytics and much more. Originally founded by the ICODrops team.
- Learn more: https://dropstab.io/
4. Exponent.ai – Exponent is the first decentralized asset management platform that offers turn-key infrastructure for quant strategists to set up shop “on the fly” and monetize in DeFi.
- Learn more: https://exponent.ai/
5. Handle.fi – Handle is the global DeFi FX protocol, allowing users to create and exchange multi-currency stablecoins.
- Learn more: https://handle.fi/
6. Koi – The Koi Protocol enables cross-chain applications to scale seamlessly, and provides simple solutions for integrated incentives.
- Learn more: https://openkoi.com/
7. Matrix – Matrix uses gamification to boost monetization and engagement for e-sport teams, creators, and digital brands. Crypto is then used to extend this system in previously impossible ways.
- Learn more: https://mtx.gg/
8. MonoX- A DEX where project owners can list their tokens without the burden of capital requirements and focus on using funds for building the project instead of providing liquidity.
- Learn more: https://monox.finance/
9. Sarcophagus – Sarcophagus is an autonomous, incentivized dead man’s switch application built on Ethereum and Arweave.
- Learn more: https://sarcophagus.io/
10. Stargaze – Stargaze is a decentralized social protocol that integrates universal creator income (UCI), NFTs, and creator coins.
- Learn more: https://stargazeprotocol.com/
11. Verida – Verida is a network of personal data owned and controlled by users, incentivizing them to unlock their data stored on centralized platforms. Builders access this data for new exciting use cases.
- Learn more: https://www.verida.io/
12. Yolorekt – YOLOrekt enables traders to enter into short-term price prediction on crypto assets like WBTC & ETH while rewarding liquidity providers with in-game fees and $YOLO tokens.
- Learn more: https://yolorekt.finance/